Friday 25 May 2012

The Other Side
K-Fix he ain't
Breakdowns. Who'd have 'em? Well, queer thing is that I've met someone who makes a living out of the bloody things. By that, I mean making them better, not actually causing them. Well, not that I know of. I shan't bore you with the details of how I've stumbled upon this mysterious creature but stumble I have and he's been glorious enough to tell me one or two things about life on the opposite side of the appointments diary. Let's call him, I dunno, a kraken fixer, K-Fix for short. Ooooh, how down wiv da kids!
Anyhoo, from here on in, as well as regaling you with the tales of the dark side I'll be regaling you with tales from K-Fix. He's offered to give us a taste of what it's like to wrestle with mental health illness from a professional point of view. I know! How cool is this guy? 
So, you know how, when the black dog pissed over your leg, that you thought you'd be bundled into the nearest asylum? Or the mortification you felt at sobbing and snotting your way through Tesco? Or how you thought your counsellor would come over all Nurse Ratched on you? Well, K-Fix'll be grabbing our sweaty paws and leading us through the lot of it. He'll bust some myths, explain away a few fears, reveal his personal experiences of mental health snarl-ups and generally be a cooling flannel on the fevered brow of depressives everywhere.
So watch this space, my kraken-loving muffins. It'll soon be too helpful for words. And if the shock of that doesn't get you, K-Fix will.

No comments:

Post a Comment